Worldwide, asthma tops the list of the causes why children are hospitalized and get absent from school. Unfortunately, children in Dubai are more likely to have asthma attacks because of the plethora of allergens that the city state harbors. In fact, asthma Dubai incidence is one of the highest globally. Around 13.6 % percent of UAE’s population or roughly one out 7 residents has asthma.
If your child is with asthma, it means he or she has a hypersensitive immune system. Once an allergen is inhaled, your child’s bronchial muscles contract, swell then produce excessive mucus which lead to the narrowing of the airways. This causes wheezing, coughing, and difficulty of breathing. If uncontrolled, an asthma attack can be fatal. Hence, asthma is one of the most serious Dubai allergy problems.
But your child does not need to be in danger. Though reliable asthma treatments in Dubai are available, prevention is still better than cure. Below are simple measures to prevent an asthma attack in your child.
1. Ensure clean indoor air. Dubai’s hot climate necessitates that your child stay indoors but studies reveal that indoor air pollution is more harmful than outdoor air pollution. In fact, a lot of homes do not have allergy-proof rooms in Dubai. To reduce pollutants inside your house, keep your air-conditioning system well-maintained, use air-purifiers and exhaust fans, use non-toxic furnishings, and don’t allow indoor cigarette-smoking.
2. Keep dust mites off. Dust mites are invisible bugs that live in anything that has fabric. They are known asthma triggers. Wash your kid’s blankets and other beddings frequently. Keep carpets, sofa, and stuffed toys always clan and dry. Use dust-proof covers on soft furnishings as much as possible. You can also get the services of a professional room or bedroom disinfection company to do a total disinfection of your child's room. This should be don't at least twice a year.
3. Proper pet care. Warm-blooded animals like cats and dogs are sources of allergens. Bathe them regularly and ideally, they should stay out of the house. However, if you prefer to keep your pets inside, don’t let them lie on your child’s bed and your furniture. Vacuum as needed.
4. Manage your rubbish. Pests like cockroaches and rats are also reservoirs of asthma triggers. Use rubbish bins with covers and don’t let your trash pile up. Wash dirty dishes and sanitize your sink and work benches. Clean spills and crumbs on floorings immediately. Though Cleaning sometimes is not enough. You need to properly disinfect your bedrooms regularly. Quarterly or bi-annual room disinfection is necessary specially if you have growing kids.
5. Let your child wear a mask. If passing by a construction site or a garden in full-bloom or if you have to venture outside in dusty conditions, have your child put on a mask. Dust, grains of sand, and pollen are very common allergens.
GO BACK TO PREVIOUS PAGE
Why You Need Hypoallergenic Bedding for a Hypoallergenic Room in Dubai?
For a clean and hygienic living, it is essential to have cleaner homes and hotel rooms. You must ensure proper cleaning of your place to avert any sort of allergies due to house dust mites. Nowadays, there are hypoallergenic bedding options to be added in your rooms to ensure an environment free of any dust mites or dust particles that can cause allergic reactions.
As a part of hypoallergenic bedding, you can add hypoallergenic mattress and hypoallergenic pillows that are typically designed to serve the purpose of preventing allergies. As these mattresses and pillows are tightly sealed, they can prevent dead skin and body oils from penetrating into them and attracting dust mites & other microscopic organisms that can cause allergies. They work similar to regular pillows and mattress, using special materials to create a comfortable and hygienic sleeping surface.
If you or any one from your family suffers from severe allergies, a clean mattress and pillow can considerably reduce allergic symptoms. If you have difficulty in sleeping or tend to experience breathing problems in bed, it is best to consult your medical professional to ensure that these are not signs of a larger problem. If allergies are suggested in medical evaluation, your condition can greatly improve by bedroom disinfection and with the use of hypoallergenic mattress and pillows.
Nowadays, there is a huge demand of hypoallergenic bedding in hotel rooms for a healthier travelling and stay in a hotel. As a result, you can find more and more hotels are incorporating hypoallergenic mattress and pillows in their rooms to offer a clean and hygienic room. This also improves the indoor air quality and lets you enjoy your stay comfortably.
These mattresses and pillows have the same filling as the ordinary ones, however, a thick layer of plastic, latex, or vinyl is there on the outside that prevents materials outside the mattress from seeping into it. These products are also available in materials that don’t aggravate allergies. Moreover, animal products such as hair are avoided in a hypoallergenic mattress, and a few mattress companies also specialize in organic materials that minimize reactions to chemical compounds.
The commonly used fibres for the outside of the hypoallergenic pillows and mattresses are cotton, flax, and linen, since they are generally allergy neutral and feels soft while touching. Artificial fibres mostly derived from polymers are also used to fill them as they do not attract micro-organisms and will also remain clean for a longer duration.
GO BACK TO PREVIOUS PAGE