Some facts about House Dust Mites
1. House dust mites are little creatures with only about a quarter of a millimetre length.
2. These mites flourish in humid environments and generally live off human skin scales.
3. The most common places to find house dust mites are carpets, bedding, soft furnishings and clothing.
4. Dust mites are usually found in pillows often causing certain allergies and asthma.
5. If you are allergic to dust mites, it is often not the mite itself but the main cause of allergy is the proteins in their faeces.
6. Each mite produces almost 20 of these waste droppings per day; however, even if the mite is dead, the droppings continue to cause allergic symptoms.
7. House dust mites are not an agent of diseases but can easily cause allergies.
8. Contradicting your belief, dust mites are different from bed bugs.
9. Dust mites choose places that are moist and warm; hence beds or mattresses make the perfect host for them.
10. Carpets and other home upholstery are the other hosts or environment for mites.
11. You can find mites throughout the year especially during times that it is humid.
12. House dust mite allergy is quite common and is associated with asthma, allergic rhinitis, and eczema.
13. Poor ventilation, high humidity, high temperatures and indoor air pollution like tobacco smoke or car fumes can make the allergic symptoms worse.
14. Simple activities like walking over a rug, sitting down in a chair, or shaking the beddings make the dried dust mite faeces airborne, thus making allergic person's symptoms worse.
15. Since a considerable amount of exposure to house dust mite allergen occurs in the bed, so it is essential that you take precautions in the bedroom by using allergy-proof covers on bedding, and washing bedding regularly.
16. Dust mite allergens are found in all rooms of the house, in soft furnishings and on the floor, not just in one particular room like the bedroom.
17. House dust mites can easily trigger respiratory and dermatological conditions like asthma and eczema, the symptoms can include: wheezing, coughing, breathlessness, a tight feeling in the chest, runny nose, skin rashes, itchy nose, itchy eyes, itchy skin, etc.
If you know what you are up against it's easy to fight them head on. Keeping in mind these facts about bed bugs or dust mites will give you an advantage over them.
If you want to know how you can control dust mites or bed bugs you can try some professional services in Dubai that offer Hypoallergenic Room disinfection.
Keeping your carpets free of dust-mites is really important!
For most homeowners, carpets and floor rugs are very important when it comes to home décor. Available in a variety of styles, design patterns, shades and fabrics, carpets help enhance the very look and feel of a home. One can transform the interiors of one’s home completely by placing exquisitely designed carpets on their floors.
But do you know that the carpet that may be adding warmth and elegance to your bedroom or living room can also pose health risks to you? Allergens can get inside your expensive and beautiful carpet, and may cause harmful allergic reactions to you and others inside your home.
House dust mites are microscopic creatures that are known to cause asthma, allergic rhinitis, and even dermatological problems like eczema. These allergens flourish in humid temperatures and are mostly found in carpets, bedding, and soft furnishings. Dust mites are themselves harmless. It is their waste that contains a protein which is a potent allergen.
Contact or exposure to the waste of dust mites stimulates several unpleasant reactions, such as sneezing, wheezing, breathlessness, runny nose, tight sensation in the chest, itchy eyes, and itchy skin. If you or someone in your family is suffering from any allergy, the symptoms can be even severe and may give rise to serious health issues.
The best way to deal with allergens and dust mites is to avoid having floor-to-floor carpets inside your bedroom and other rooms in your home. But should you still want to have them, you must clean your carpets thoroughly and regularly to make them allergen free.
It is advisable to clean your carpet 3-4 times in a week as it would help you in getting rid of dirt, dust, house dust mites, pollens, pet dander, and other types of allergens that may have accumulated inside and on the surface of your carpet. For living room areas, bedrooms, and children’s bedroom, you must carry carpet cleaning almost every day if it’s feasible. It would help you keep the interiors of your home allergen free and healthy.
Since dust mites are difficult to remove, give your carpet a through steam cleaning once in a while. Steam cleaning is a highly effective method of carpet cleaning of dealing with tough and stubborn dust mites. Extremely hot water released with pressure helps remove the dust mites hidden in the deepest corners of the carpets-giving you perfectly neat and clean and allergen free carpet.
Avail the services of professional carpet cleaners. Professional carpet cleaners possess wealth of knowledge in carpet cleaning. Plus, they have state-of-the-art equipment and highest quality disinfectants and products for cleaning carpets. They can successfully remove dust mites, household dust, mould and mildew, and other allergens from your carpet and can give a new-like appearance to your expensive carpet.
Keeping your carpet clean and allergen free is really important. Do it yourself or hire professionals to do the work for you.
GO BACK TO PREVIOUS PAGE